Dec 11, 2010

Big SoxandPhils addition

Despite my lack of posting, this has been a huge week for the SoxandPhils. And I'm not talking about the blockbuster additions of Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford.

Nope. Bigger. Massive, even.

The Phillies acquired reliever Dennys Reyes. Baseball-Reference generously lists him at 250 pounds, but I think that number misses some of the Grand Slam breakfasts* he's had.

He's a big boy. So big, in fact, that many times in recent years when the Cardinals have been playing the Phillies, I stop to watch him pitch. Actually, if I must confess, I'm staring at his butt. It's huge. He's a big boy, but his rear is a few sizes too big for his frame. It's a freak of nature that I'll enjoy watching all season long.

*If you're wondering why it's safe to assume Reyes has eaten some Grand Slams, check this out from Todd Zolecki:

Asked how he pronounces his name, Reyes once told Cardinals beat writers, "It's Dennys, like the restaurant."

Oh, and yes, Trent and I are excited about the new-look Red Sox, even though there's a tinge of Yankeeism about it.

Image credit: Riverfront Times

No comments: