May 23, 2010

First SoxandPhils series over

If you couldn't tell from today's pre-posting, we weren't able to watch the finale of the SoxandPhils series. I know, that's pretty lame for the premier blog devoted to all things Red Sox and Phillies to miss the final game of a showdown, but we had a pretty good excuse. We were watching my Dad get honored for being the great guy that he is.

On the way home, we listened to the end of the game. When they said Tim Wakefield was working on a shutout in the 8th inning, I was drooling at the parallels with Jamie Moyer's recent gem against the Braves. I was disappointed when he didn't come out for the 9th, despite a pitch count of only 102. Turns out, Wakefield doesn't care about stats.

Roy Halladay didn't do well. He was removed in the 6th, giving up seven runs (six earned) on eight hits and two walks. Our immediate thoughts were about his recent workload and not throwing before this start. Todd Zolecki was also wondering about that, but Doc denied any problem.

So with the 8-3 win, the Red Sox win the first of two 2010 regular season series. I hope it's a sign the Red Sox are turning the corner, but I'm sure I'd swap this series win with Christine in exchange for her team's prospects for the season.

No comments: