Nov 23, 2008

It sure ain't baseball season anymore

After I finished the yard work for likely the last time of the year, we put up the Christmas lights. It was fricking cold. I feel less Christmassy than I did yesterday, but I'm sure I'll have the feeling again once I take a ride around the block and see the house with the big holiday display for the first time of the season.

Being in a cold frame of mind, we caught the end of the Eagles game on the radio and TV. Wow, what a mess they are. In a few months, Charlie Manuel will be the longest-tenured coach in Philly. He's already the most successful and beloved.

In the last three weeks, the Iggles have been crushed by the Ravens, tied the Bengals and lost to the Giants in a game that was attended by several Phillies. Christine is wondering whether the football players have been intimidated by being so close to champions. Interesting theory.

Just when I thought there was no baseball news today, at the bottom of Nick Cafardo's column we learn that Ben Davis, our favorite catcher who we saw at games in Camden and Las Vegas in 2007, is trying to become a pitcher. Good luck.

No comments: