Jun 19, 2011

Mixing colors

Today, Trent and Christine gave me a nice first Father's Day. Last week, we had Father's Day at Citizen's Bank Park, and I got a white-on-white (I know it looks pink in the picture) Phillies hat. I don't like wearing non-Red Sox garb. I support the Phillies, but they're not my team, and I don't think I should wear their stuff.

But at the park last week, I made a rare exception and mixed up my teams - Red Sox shirt with Phillies hat. I think it's wrong to wear garb from two teams at the same time, and if I saw myself, I'd probably poke fun on my game day recap.

Obviously, it was perfectly acceptable and doggone cute last week for a 1-year-old SoxandPhils fan to mix his colors!

Trent mixed his colors again today. He wore his Red Sox shirt for me, but Christine covered it with a Phillies bib when they went to get me a Father's Day treat.

Incidentally, Trent had a few milestones this weekend - most notably learning how to climb our staircase. Scary.

More impressive is the time when we were hitting a large rubber ball with his baseball bat. It rolled away from him, but he reached out and knocked it to the opposite field. The kid's going to be a right-handed Wade Boggs.

No comments: