Apr 29, 2010

On this date

I became a Red Sox fan on April 29, 1986. I can't believe it will be a quarter of a century next year. It's also my birthday. In February, we stumbled across an interesting story about a ballplayer who share's Christine's birthday.

My birthday doesn't have any interesting stories, but it does have better ballplayers, such as Hall of Famer (and Red Sox) Luis Aparacio, All-Star (and Red Sox) Rick Burleson and 130-game winner Noodles Hahn (not a Red Sox, but Christine is jealous that no one named Noodles was born on her day).

Other Red Sox born on April 29: Kelly Shoppach, Tony Armas, Wes Gardner, Steve Crawford, Tom House, Mickey McDermott, Johnnie Heving and Amby McConnell.

Phillies: Hector Mercado, J.R. Phillips, Steve Ridzik and Freddy Rodriguez.

Other names of note: Ron Washington (has he been in the news recently?) and Shag Thompson (just for the name).

Both our teams are off tonight, so Christine and I will just enjoy a quiet dinner.

No comments: