Apr 30, 2010

Jaw dropping

Today Christine and I took a day off. We thought it might be a relaxing day, but it turned into one of our trademark busy home improvement days.

We had a repairman out to tell us that a rubber gasket that came out of the dryer was not, in fact, part of the dryer. We have no idea what it's from.

We had a home inspector out to reassure us that our basement isn't leaking - it's just that the windows and chimney need to be re-caulked. And we have to remove a concrete patio. Christine almost agreed to let me play with a jackhammer until my Dad convinced her it was a bad idea.

In between, we decided to mow the lawn, weed the gardens and put down a yard of mulch.

We handled all of this, but driving back from the grocery store, we were listening to Charlie Manuel on the radio tell us matter-of-factly that Ryan Madson was put on the DL after he kicked a chair and broke a toe after his latest blown save.

Christine and I looked at each other in total shock, jaws dropped.

I once broke a finger out of anger so I can relate, but I can't believe a professional athlete would be that stupid. Unless maybe he truly feels bad about how awfully he has pitched this year and wants to ensure that he doesn't blow another game anytime soon.

Tonight's games: Red Sox and Orioles are tied 4-4 in the 10th; the first-place Mets beat the {stinky} Phillies 9-1.

No comments: