Mar 24, 2010

I'm not talking to Christine

I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox. I will not jinx injury on the Red Sox.

Explanation for Christine's chalkboard punishment? Last night when writing again about our teams' quiet spring trainings except for flu bugs, Christine pointed out that neither team had an injury. Less than an hour later, she was wondering why Dustin Pedroia wasn't in the Red Sox game that was on MLB Network:

The injury bug had been biding its time with the Red Sox this spring.

Last night, it struck pretty hard.

Dustin Pedroia left the game against the Twins at Hammond Stadium because of a mild sprain to his left wrist. He was listed as day-to-day but the Sox no doubt will take a conservative tack in the days ahead to ensure their All-Star second baseman and team sparkplug does not carry the injury into the regular season.

Fortunately - for the Red Sox and Christine - the X-rays were negative and he seems to be OK:

"He's already lobbying to play tomorrow," Francona said after learning that the wrist was not broken. "That probably won't happen." Francona said Pedroia likely will take batting practice tomorrow to see how he feels and play Friday.

That kind of manager-bratty player exchange reminded me of Brett Myers, who will pitch against the Phillies tomorrow. He is already missed by Charlie Manuel:

"I miss Myers," Manuel said. "I miss getting on him. I miss his mouth. I miss everything. I think in our camp this year, it’s been a little quieter without Myers."

No comments: