Nov 12, 2009

Mr. Congeniality

I don't quite understand the metrics involved, but this Fangraphs post lists the players whose 2009 season was closest to the average for all of baseball.

It's a list no superstar wants to be on, which is why I took some glee for Christine when I read No. 3 - Aaron Rowand. The smugness subsided when I got to No. 2 on the list, former MVP Jimmy Rollins.

I'm sure J-Roll isn't happy with the ranking, but I guess it's better than where he was in July when Jayson Stark picked him as the league's least valuable player.

At least he pulled himself up from dead weight to mediocre. Yeah!

Silver Sluggers: Chase Utley and Jason Bay were honored today for their batsmanship at their respective positions.

Tonight: Assuming there would be no major SoxandPhils news tonight, we attended a preview of Pirate Radio. It rocked. I won the tickets, and a couple of goodies, from a Philadelphia Inquirer contest.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Fangraphs. Who thinks this stuff up? But I have to admit, it is interesting to look at and see who's who among the average.

Greg said...

People with way too much time on their hands. Yes, I'm aware of the irony of a blogger saying that.