Jul 19, 2009

Sunday with Sinatra

Although there's little deviation among game times for the Phillies, I can never remember when they're on or when the pregame begins. Often, I flip on 1210 way too early, and I'm greeted by a Frank Sinatra staple such as Love and Marriage or New York, New York. (Besides being a conservative talk show station, 1210 plays Phillies games and Frank Sinatra - some things in life can't be explained.)

I was away from the radio today, but when I checked in on the Red Sox, I was greeted by a blurb, Sunday Morning Sinatra, which said it was so quiet in the Red Sox clubhouse that Mark Kotsay had Frank's tunes playing. If he ever becomes a SoxandPhil, he'll love listening to 1210.

It is quiet. Pedro pitched some bullpen, and Jim Salisbury has a long read on how he became a Phillie.

Last night, the Phillies were rained out. Christine and I weren't in Florida, but took a drive for some barbecue and did not get wet.

Today, the Blue Jays and Roy Halladay lead the Red Sox and Jon Lester, 2-1 in the 6th. The Phillies lead the Marlins 4-0 in the 5th.

No comments: