Jul 27, 2009

Cycle correction

Christine and I giggled when this trivia question popped on the scoreboard yesterday. Didn't they know Jimmy Rollins' cycle last week made this outdated?

While looking into it, to my horror, I discovered J-Roll did not hit for the cycle - ending a home run short of it.

I don't know how I made that mistake. I was on vacation and probably had too many peaches and pecans on my mind. {Jeez, no wonder why he's no longer a reporter.}

Trade rumors: It's torturous watching the Phillies barter for Roy Halladay, or any other pitcher out there, but I'm also perplexed at the big move the Red Sox may or may not be making:

Red Sox manager Terry Francona said that he has been checking in on general manager Theo Epstein’s trade negotiations before Friday's deadline, and the names he's hearing aren't necessarily the usual suspects brought up on talk radio.

"I listen to the talks. I don't listen to the radio, but I talk to Theo," said Francona. "Some of the people I hear talked about on the radio -- you guys have no idea."

Today's games: The Phillies play late in Arizona; the Red Sox, behind a strong Josh Beckett outing, lead the A's 6-2 in the 7th.

No comments: