May 9, 2009

Not a good day

I thought the Red Sox were on MLB's Saturday night game today. I got home and was surprised to see I was wrong and they had already played. (I got confused because they are playing tomorrow on ESPN.) I didn't miss much - they lost to the Rays 14-5. Jon Lester was beat like a pinata: eight earned in 4 1/3 innings on 10 hits and a walk. What happened to the 2008 vintage?

Evan Longoria hit his 11th home run and upped his RBI total to 44. But, hey, that's only 23 against teams other than the Red Sox. This is embarrassing. We've finally become the Yankees' daddy, but the Rays are now our daddy.

We were busy today and couldn't sit down and watch the Phillies this afternoon. Like the Red Sox, we didn't miss much. They lost 6-2 to the Braves. Javier Vazquez dominated them into the 8th inning. Joe Blanton went eight innings, but gave up six runs.

I hope both teams fare better on national TV tomorrow (Phils on TBS, Sox on ESPN).

No comments: