Jun 5, 2010

Perfect prediction

As I predicted earlier this week, the Phillies won a close game behind Roy Halladay on Friday and then their offense exploded tonight.

OK, I envisioned a little more than six runs, but they did have 10 hits and were starting to take some Phillies-esque swings. As starting pitcher Jamie Moyer said, they're starting to look comfortable. I sense hittin' season is coming real soon.

Speaking of the ancient (former) Mariner, I just noticed that my prediction about him pitching his second complete game of the season was missing from Thursday's post. I bet Christine accidentally deleted it. I called tonight's masterpiece. Really, I did.

Question: Before the season, would Vegas put better odds on Halladay pitching a perfect game or Moyer having two complete games?

The veteran needed just 98 pitches in the 6-2 victory over the Padres. He didn't have a three-ball count until a 9th inning walk. He also scattered seven hits. It was his 100th win as a 40-something and the 264th of his career.

Red Sox: Jon Lester pitched well - no runs in 6.1 innings - but the Red Sox bats didn't give him much breathing room. But now, in the 9th, the Red Sox are scoring again and lead the Orioles 6-0.

No comments: