Sep 10, 2008

It's getting too late ...

... in the season for the Phillies to be 3.5 games behind the Mets and four games out (with two other teams) in the Wild Card race. But that's where they stand after losing to the Marlins 7-3 today.

... in the night for the Red Sox to still be playing. They're tied 1-1 with the Rays in the 12th. Since it's on ESPN, I'll probably stick it out to the end, but I'm tired, so hence the short post tonight. I've said it before, but I'm going to be very nervous when the Rays and Sox square off in the ALCS. I hope the Sox have home field for it.

2 comments:

Christine said...

When Timlin came in, I told Greg the game was over.

I know what I'm talking about; I have a lot of experience with my bullpen blowing games.

Greg said...

Yes she did. I bumped into a Sox fan at work who said he said the same thing. I waited until I saw they wouldn't yank him with Pena coming up.