Aug 16, 2010

Giant dilemma

Even though he's been gone for two seasons, Christine still roots for Pat Burrell - mostly because of his bulldog Elvis. A couple days ago, she cheered when she saw Pat the Bat had a big hit to win a game for his new team, the Giants. But then she suddenly realized that the Phillies are battling the Giants for the Wild Card and felt bad for rooting for the enemy.

The Phillies are set for a big showdown against the Giants and Pat and Elvis Burrell this week. Christine hopes that Elvis is a double agent who still works for the Phillies.

Regardless, the Phillies suddenly find themselves leading the Wild Card.

Perhaps Christine didn't consider the Giants competition because she thinks like Charlie Manuel:
"I don't even look at the wild card, believe me," manager Charlie Manuel said. "I don't even think about the wild card. I never look at the wild card because I think if we concentrate on our division and our record is good enough, that's where we'll land. If we win enough games, we should land somewhere in there. Win the division. That's what I key on. That's what I look at. That's what we key on."

So maybe it'll be OK if Elvis takes one of three in Philly this week. Nah, I don't think Christine will go for that.

No comments: